proportional representation: what's on at labour party conference (brighton, 21-25 september)
Visit our stall
We're looking forward to seeing Conference delegates at our stall (joint with Make Votes Matter). Come and say hello, pick up campaigning literature and LCER freebies, and discuss conference motions. If you won't be at Conference yourself, remind your delegate to drop by. With an election looming, we are particularly keen to get updates about the views of your Labour MP or PPC on voting reform.
Come to our fringe meeting and reception
Our fringe meeting will be at St Nicholas' Church, Church Street, BN1 3LJ at 7pm on Sunday 22 September. The following people are set to speak at the fringe or at the reception that follows:
- John McDonnell MP (Shadow Chancellor)
- Faiza Shaheen (PPC, Chingford and Woodford Green)
- Emma Dent Coad MP (Kensington)
- Laura Parker (Momentum)
- In the chair: Stephen Kinnock MP (Aberavon)
- Mark Serwotka (PCS General Secretary)
- Paul Blomfield MP (Chair of LCER)
- Julie Ward MEP
Other fringe events
There are scores of fringe events at Conference. Here are just a couple that might be of interest to electoral reformers.
- Transforming Power for a Real Democracy Politics for the Many, Monday 23 Sep, 1pm.
- Democracy Broken: Can Labour Save Politics From Itself? Fabians and Electoral Reform Society, Mon 23 Sep, 5.30pm.
- What would it take for Labour to win a general election? IPPR, Tuesday 24th September, 5.30pm.